There had been a moment, moons ago. A fraction of time between the anarchy and cluttered lawlessness. Miles from anyway. Deep down a dirt road. I ran. I knew flight had been my only way out. That flight led me to the forest. No longer did I hide. I could search my soul. I could become acutely aware of all that surrounds me. The forest became a nurturer and protector.
Go to a Forest.
Walk slowly. Breathe.
Open all your senses.
This is the healing way of Shinrin-yoku Forest Therapy,
the medicine of simply being in the forest.
…many trees give off organic compounds that support our “NK” (natural killer) cells that are part of our immune system’s way of fighting cancer.
Just as impressive are the results that we are experiencing as we make this part of our regular practice:
- Boosted immune system functioning, with an increase in the count of the body’s Natural Killer (NK) cells.
- Reduced blood pressure
- Reduced stress
- Improved mood
- Increased ability to focus, even in children with ADHD
- Accelerated recovery from surgery or illness
- Increased energy level
- Improved sleep
- Deeper and clearer intuition
- Increased flow of energy
- Increased capacity to communicate with the land and its species
- Increased flow of eros/life force
- Deepening of friendships
- Overall increase in sense of happiness