On the 12th of February, two extraordinary persons were born…
Abraham Lincoln and Charles Darwin.
Should we thank them for where we are currently? Or, should we curse them out? Personally, Lincoln is one of the few republicans that seems to make sense. And, Darwin? Well, Darwin only confirmed what I knew all along…the ‘Good News Bible’ was bullshit!
Do great thinkers share some sort of telepathy? Do these great emancipators’ know the shit we are currently in?
- Both scraggly fellows loved Shakespeare
- A little late to the gate…neither Darwin or Lincoln made much of an impact until later in life
- Both lost their mothers when they were quite young
- Lincoln and Darwin lost children to ‘unknown’ illness when they (the kids) were very young.
- I love music. So did Abe and Charles. Yet, such as myself…they could not hold a note.
- Obviously, both Honest Abe and the Evolutionist…abhorred slavery
What I find amazing? Here we are…over two hundred years later…fighting the same fight!
This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember it or overthrow it.