Robert Frostshould have had therapist for all the shit he put his life through. Voices out of nowhere. A mother who had been with him in spirit alone. Suicides, death and reject….Yet, for those reasons alone; he would have been a wonderful therapist for others!
My favorite Frost saying?
‘the only way out is through..’
Course, being stuck in the woods in Northern New Hampshire, as Frost had an occasion to do. What other choice did he have?
Things worth fighting for that can’t be plugged in:
1. Holding someone’s hand! I suppose it is less the art of grasping a soul mate’s sweaty and allusive palm than it is the following:
A simple gesture generally conducted without provocation and with a definition of love no words can explain.
2. Treats, trinkets, kibble and ice cream!
Ram Dasonce said,
BE HERE NOW!
To me that just simply means eat more cake, wear sandals in the snow and enjoy the simplest of pleasures…For certainly they are the hardest to come by.
3. Gumball machines. I am tempted every time I enter a grocery store. Angered at the price increase but still tempted…To buy an unneccessary plastic item from a gumball machine and bring it home to my spouse. This priceless gesture is enough to warrant a warm home.
4. It has been said before, Sing it loud, Sing it clear! Just sing. Sing your song no matter what you’re song maybe. I have taken a new fondness to being the, Singing Sexy Moped Lady of Franklin! A tagline I am honored to hold well into my forties!
5. Getting up each and everyday knowing it is the most painful thing you’ll experience…until tomorrow! Pain is real. Even the imagined ache can be a devastation that encourages many to hide beneath the sheets. Chronic discomfort can only by conquered by putting one foot in front of the other…One day at a time!
6. Dogs and cats! Puppies and kittens! Love them! Leave your mark, as they do, on you, the street corner and the fire hydrant down the block. Make every smell, scent and noise matter.
‘Fight the good fight…it is uniquely yours!’
7. A kiss goodnight! Like holding hands, whispering ‘I love you’ across a crowded room or backgammon in bed…Nothing compare to You. Well, at least one other person feels that way. Embracing the little stuff makes the big stuff so not memorable.
I get what Frost was saying. I’ve felt the pain everyday. I’ve felt the joy everyday. I go through it everyday. But what I get more than that…everyday is worth fighting for in the woods or out!
TheCertifiablyTRUERavingsOfASectionedPhilosopher: Don't be afraid to think you might be a little 'crazy'. Who isn't? Check out some of my visualized poems here: https://www.instagram.com/maxismaddened/