Too lazy to be ambitious, I let the world take care of itself. Ten days’ worth of rice in my bag; a bundle of twigs by the fireplace. Why chatter about delusion and enlightenment? Listening to the night rain on my roof, I sit comfortably, with both legs stretched out! -Ryokan
What if the whole world just held hands?
United as one
Those who opposed, fell off
Disintegrated into the sun
The only thing left of evil was ash
The only thing left on earth was people with passion
Heart for Mother Nature
Caring for their fellow human being
Common considerate behavior
Contribution towards humane higher plane of consciousness
- Andrew Edward Lucier
A man saw a snake being burnngg to death and decided to take out of the fire. When he did, the snake bit him causing excruciating pain. The man dropped the snake, and the reptile fell right back into the fire.
So, the man grabbed a metal pole, took the snake out of the fire and saved his life.
Someone who was watching, approached the man and said,
“That snake bit you. Why are you still trying to save it?”
The man replied, “The nature of the snake is to bite, but that is not gonna change my nature…which is to help!”
Do not change your nature simply because someone harms you. Do not lose your good heart…only learn to take precautions.
- If the person you are talking to doesn’t appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.
- But, of course, it isn’t really good-bye, because the forest will always be there…and anybody who is friendly with bears can find it.
- I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.
- Always watch where you are going. Otherwise, you may step on a piece of the forest that was left out by mistake.
- Love is taking a few steps backward, maybe even more…to give way to the happiness of the person you love.
But it isn’t easy,” said Pooh. “Because poetry and hums aren’t things which you get, they’re things which get you. And all you can do is to go where they can find you.
- the House at Pooh Corner