There is very little people actually know/understand about New Hampshire! It is just that at ‘face value’, we appear, small, boring and of course, cold. I get it! I’ve run from New Hampshire many times. I ran as though my ass were on fire. Yet, that Yankee cynicism keeps calling me back.
So, imagine my surprise when I had been informed of…New Hampshire, the second best state to be in!
I won’t bore people with the facts. New Hampshire is after all,
lovely, dark and deep.
Knee deep that is in the opioid epidemic, alcoholism, homelessness, domestic and spousal abuse. Attempting to no always be the cynic, I wanted to shed a light on ‘things’ New Hampshire is positively, known for.
- New Hampshire had been the ‘first’ to break from the Motherland! Yup! Even way back when, New Hampshirites were frustrated, bitter and fed up with being bullied around.
- Franklin Pierce? Remember him! No, I don’t blame you. Many do not know of Franklin! He was the 14th president of the United States. Franklin had a ‘phobia’ about the number 13. Number 14 seemed to fit better for him. Franklin became an alcoholic at some point (urban legend tells us, Franklin liked to ride his carriage drunk and run old women over). But I can only assume his town drunk behavior started after…all of his children died and his wife begin, slowly, to become a basket-case.
- Mary Had A Little Lamb! I know! WTF! New Hampshire is owner to Sarah Josepha Hale. S.J.H., unfortunately gave us that lovely diddy…Mary Had A Little Lamb. The world’s most boring…bedtime story.
- The potato first took seed in, Derry. The potato, imagine that! A vegetable only a few select climates can claim to grow. Siberia, Presque Isle Maine and Iceland, are among the other ‘colder than a witch’s tit, places where potatoes take root.
Now this is my favorite fact! It is my favorite fact because IT defies imagination!
- New Hampshire is the first recorded state of mind and/or state to claim an ‘Alien Abduction.’ Betty and Barney Hill just happened to be out on a day ‘trip’ when the skies parted, right up yonder, near the Old Man in the Mountain. **The Old Man in the Mountain: a stone structure formed by bad weather. It used to look like a mix of Bob Hope and Tilda Swinton. Now it looks like nothing because the rock formation fell. It should be noted that both the ‘Alien Abduction site and the Old Man in the Mountain, bring in New Hampshire’s biggest resource! Tourism!
- Lastly, New Hampshire should be best known for gathering strange people from strange lands, and their money. New Hampshire makes a large profit over fictional beings that never really were there in the first place.