One zen student said, “My teacher is the best. He can go days without eating.”
The second said, “My teacher has so much self-control, he can go days without sleep.”
The third said, “My teacher is so wise that he eats when he’s hungry and sleeps when he’s tired.”
- If the person you are talking to doesn’t appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.
- But, of course, it isn’t really good-bye, because the forest will always be there…and anybody who is friendly with bears can find it.
- I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.
- Always watch where you are going. Otherwise, you may step on a piece of the forest that was left out by mistake.
- Love is taking a few steps backward, maybe even more…to give way to the happiness of the person you love.
But it isn’t easy,” said Pooh. “Because poetry and hums aren’t things which you get, they’re things which get you. And all you can do is to go where they can find you.
- the House at Pooh Corner
Through a collage of melancholy and isolation…
a fallen maple leaf.
In the history of red etched upon a maze of homeless yellows…
Parades a life easier to believe.
Collecting all harmony in a tank of gas
I do not intend to toss my peace of mind…far or fast
And, when stage struck by the crackled pavement,
there can be moments of…
being off task.
Bound by no determination, I am the wind.
I am the specks of soiled earth…bouncing about shaded glass.
A feeling that is unplanned and never lasts.
the Zen of Cow:
It is always good practice to take what we need…and, disregard the rest!